In South Africa, mining companies turn to Landfolio software for natural resources to ensure their compliance with the increasing MPRDA obligations and mitigate their risks.
“Any company battling with the complexities of the MPRDA in South Africa will do themselves a huge favour by investing in the professional and easy to use [Landfolio] system.”
– Thea Jansen van Vuuren, Contractor assisting Impala Platinum
Managing MPRDA Compliance & Obligations Using Landfolio
Companies mining or prospecting in South Africa must comply with the Mineral and Petroleum Resources Development Act (MPRDA) and corresponding regulatory obligations. The act makes provision for equitable access to and sustainable development of South Africa’s mineral and petroleum resources. Failure to meet any of the financial, reporting or other requirements can result in penalties and/or loss of tenure. Therefore, these mining companies must secure all mineral assets and ensure all obligations are met in accordance with the MPRDA.
Landfolio® software for natural resources can be configured to manage all processes required to meet regulatory obligations, thus ensuring MPRDA compliance. Landfolio provides an integrated solution to help mining companies manage the complete application, granting, maintenance, renewal and closure phase of prospecting and mining rights and their associated agreements. The system mitigates risks by scheduling, notifying and tracking on-going obligations, reporting requirements and payments.
Landfolio for natural resources provides the following benefits:
- Improves risk mitigation using an early warning system to ensure that all obligations are met.
- Improves MPRDA governance and compliance with mining laws and regulations
- Provides a secure and accessible data and document repository for all correspondence, reports, agreements and contracts relating to the management of land-related assets.
- Increases transparency and accountability
- Configure workflows for all internal company processes in addition to the MPRDA jurisdictional requirements.
- Assign responsibility and accountability to specified users.
- Generate high level reports for budget forecasts, statuses and upcoming obligations.
- Full audit trail
- Improve governance and compliance using standard procedures and defined business rules.
- Integrate with existing enterprise systems and data